Cowboy Jeffie's Kickin' Caesar Salad Dressing

(Yep, that's me - Cowboy Jeffie - in the photo)

Last night I had a big garlicky chicken Caesar salad, and a nice glass of Routas Wild Boar White, for dinner. It reminded my that, after numerous requests from friends to make my Caesar dressing, I needed to take the time to measure all ingredients for the first time, record my findings and share the recipe. Many people don't want to use a traditional Caesar dressing recipe - with the raw egg - for personal taste or health reasons. My creation is a great substitute with a big kick of flavor.

Cowboy Jeffie's Kickin' Caesar Salad Dressing

1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
Juice of one lemon
2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
4 medium-sized cloves of fresh garlic (crushed - about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or 2-3 anchovies in oil)
3 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or more to taste)
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (to taste)

Put all ingredients into a mini food processor or blender and pulse/blend until smooth. Use as much on salad as desired to personal taste. Remainder of dressing may be kept in the refrigerator, in an airtight container (or everything in your fridge will smell/taste like garlic), for up to a week.

You might also want to check out my recipes for Cowboy Jeffie's Picnic Pardner Potato Salad, Cowboy Jeffie's Confetti Chicken Chili and Cowboy Jeffie's Butternut Squash Soup with a Kick. Enjoy!

© 2007 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

No comments: