I'll be speaking at the 20th annual Portland

Community College Art Beat on Thursday

Today, May 7, marks the start of Portland Community College's 20th annual Art Beat Week. I will be speaking about my 30-year graphic design career, and various aspects of identity design, Thursday, May 10 at 10:00 a.m. in the Little Theater on the Sylvania Campus - 1200 S.W. 49th Avenue, Portland, OR 97219.

The celebration of art, dance, music, literature and theater includes dozens of events at all three PCC campuses and the Southeast Center. All events are free, and all are welcome. Even parking is free during Art Beat Week. Schedules of activities may be found at the following venue links: CascadeRock CreekSoutheast CenterSylvania.

In addition to the scheduled speakers and presentations, each year PCC acquires a piece of work from an area artist to add to the Art Beat collection. The paintings, drawings, prints, sculpture, textiles and photography are usually dispersed among the PCC campuses and not always easy to view. This year, to celebrate Art Beat's twentieth anniversary, PCC has brought together the entire collection. The Art Beat exhibition opens at Rock Creek and will then travel to the Sylvania and Cascade campuses - check the venue links above for exhibition dates and locations.

I look forward to meeting any local graphic design professionals and students. Stop by and introduce yourself if you attend my presentation.

Poster design by Linnea Noreen Gruber

© 2007 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

4 comments:

Samuel John Klein said...

Congratulations on being asked to speak at ArtBeat. Nice also to see one of Linnea's designs.

Would you be averse to a simple game of tag?

I got tagged with a question, and now I'd like to tag you (I'd do this in email but you don't seem to have an email contact here, so I'm invading your comment space.

Here's the rundown:

1. Answer the Following Question:
Why on Earth do you blog?
2. Link back to the person who tagged you (me) from your post. The post generating this fun is http://zehnkatzen.blogspot.com/2007/05/
bloggage-why-on-earth-do-i-blog.html
While there, grab the "Bloggy Tag" graphic from my blog so you can use it here.
3. Tag five other people that you'd like to see answer the question.
4. Watch them answer the question (to me this is the best part).

PS: just link back to me, don't say who it is; that way, people who follow the chain back discover people they didn't know they'd find.

Thanks....

Jeff Fisher LogoMotives said...

Thanks for the note. Dont' have time to deal with the "tag" thing right now - WAY too much other things on my plate...I'll get back to it later.

- J.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
I just found out you where at the PCC campus for art beat. I must have just missed you, I could have introduced myself. I am actually working in their marketing dept. for a couple of months.

Laurie Ryan-Day,
info@ryangraphics.com

Jeff Fisher LogoMotives said...

Laurie -

I can't believe we missed meeting each other. I had a great time being part of PCC's Art Beat program.

- J.