Writer|designer Ellen Shapiro 'digs' my early blooms

Yesterday I received a Facebook direct message from writer/designer Ellen Shapiro, in regards to some early 2011 garden photos I have posted on my personal Facebook page and on Flickr. From her home in snowy New York, photographic documentation that anything was blooming anywhere must have offered hope that this winter might yet end. Shapiro asked if some of my garden images could be shared on her garden and design blog, ">Dig It!"

Today a little bit of spring was presented to "Dig It!" readers, in the form of the entry "It's Spring (Somewhere)." I appreciate Shapiro's interest in my gardening efforts - and for giving friends Joy Creek Nursery a mention. She also writes of her intention to check in occasionally on my garden throughout the coming year.

For several years now, I have shared my gardening adventures on bLog-oMotives and in Flickr galleries for the years 2010, 2009 and 2008.

Graphic designer, writer, and gardener Ellen Shapiro is based in Irvington, New York. A frequent contributor to design magazines including Print, Communication Arts, and Etapes, she writes about trends, issues and personalities in design, illustration, photography, and visual culture around the world. She was also a contributor to the book, Identity Crisis!: 50 Redesigns That Transformed Stale Identities into Successful Brands, by Jeff Fisher.

© 2011 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

No comments: