Tagged! - I'm "it" and you may be the next to

come up with four thingie-dingies

My copywriter friend Happy Little Atom "tagged" me so here goes:

Four jobs I've had:
1. Graphic designer for the advertising department of the University of Oregon's daily college newspaper: Lots of fun, not really a lot of work - but a great way for a college kid to get some "real world" job experience before going out into the big bad world. The best part of the job was the Friday afternoon beer gardens downstairs in the same building. The gang from this office, and some other friends, are responsible for me getting up on a bar in Eugene and dancing in my underwear to win the "Best Butt Contest." Many years after leaving the UO I was hired to design the 100th anniversary flag for the paper (below) - based on its original identity.

2. Art Director for a group of publications produced by the Multnomah County Medical Society: The MCMS had been a client for a couple years when i was asked to come "in-house" and create the publications and design department. It was great experience in publication design and production. My boss was the best I've ever had and she is responsible for inspiring the Designer User's Manual and the "Creative Freedom Pass."

3. Art Director of an ad agency: I was the "art department." Working in the agency was an incredible opportunity to be involved in the concepting, copywriting, design and production of all forms of advertising for clients selling everything from kitty litter to Subarus.

4. Creative Director of a clothing manufacturing firm: Too much fun. Coordinated national print advertising, planned and directed fashion shows, designed graphics for clothing, traveled to industry trade shows and shopped for models on the streets of Seattle. When others on the staff had enough of me they'd just close the cyclone fence gate on my office and lock me in. During "Fashion Week" (yes, Seattle had one back then) I put the company's clothing on the bike messengers in town and it got written up in Business Week magazine.

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. LA Story
2. Princess Bride
3. Rear Window
4. Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Four places I have lived:
1. Salem, OR
2. Eugene, OR
3. Seattle, WA
4. Portland, OR

Four TV shows I love(d):
1. The West Wing
2. Six Feet Under
3. Queer as Folk
4. This Old House

Four places I've vacationed:
1. The Big Island of Hawaii
2. A villa in the Umbria region of Italy
3. Palapa on the beach in the Yucatan
4. Friend's beachfront house in St. Croix

Four of my favorite dishes
1. Grilled Salmon
2. Fish Tacos with mango salsa and guacamole
3. A big ol' steak with grilled mushrooms and horseradish - plus a baked potato with all the goods.
4. German Chocolate Cake

Four sites I visit daily:
1. HOW Design Forum
2. Creative Latitude
3. Designers Who Blog
4. ORblogs

Four places I would rather be right now
1. Caribbean
2. Italy - especially the small hill towns
3. Manzanita (on the Oregon Coast)
4. On any sunny beach reading books and having a drink

Four people I am tagging:
1. Cat
2. Jason
3. Karen
4. Cal

Tag! You're it!

© 2006 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

No comments: