A "Made in Oklahoma" thank you

Last month I had a great experience traveling to Oklahoma City to speak to students in the design department at Southern Nazarene University, design students at Oklahoma Christian University and members of AIGA Oklahoma. I spoke about the profession of graphic design, marketing oneself as a designer and my book Identity Crisis! 50 Redesigns That Transformed Stale Identities Into Successful Brands. One thing I've repeatedly told others about the visit is how incredibly welcoming and friendly people were everywhere I went.

This past week I had a wonderful surprise when a big package arrived with an Oklahoma City postmark. It was a box filled with "Made in Oklahoma" products, and thank you notes and cards, from Southern Nazarene design instructor Whitney Porch and her incredible students.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my Shooting Star Farms Harvest Tortilla Chips and Chipotle Salsa. I look forward to using the Pepper Creek Farms Mesquite Barbecue Sauce and South of the Border Dip Mix. The Prairie Gypsies' Prairie Fire Jam looks really interesting - I always enjoy hot and spicy food products. For right now, I've hidden the Bedre's Chocolates cowboy hat and map of Oklahoma from myself and others. The cards and notes were a fantastic addition to the gift package.

What a great surprise and fun way to say "thank you." I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the gift.

© 2008 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

No comments: