Imaginary friend on GDUSA Magazine cover

In my home studio I am surrounded by a couple hundred of my best "imaginary friends." No, these are not my graphic design forum pals - throughout my studio are the numerous advertising character collectibles that I have been amassing over the past two decades.

It was great to recently receive the April 2008 issue of Graphic Design: USA magazine and have my friend Speedy, of Alka Seltzer fame, as the cover boy. He's actually been in the news lately. At the age of 57, Speedy is making a comeback as a working advertising spokesperson in a new campaign from BBDO New York. The "plop, plop, fizz, fizz" guy has even got his own interactive "Where's Speedy?" game.

You can learn a bit more about Speedy, and the friends he hangs out with in my office, at the site of the future Advertising Icon Museum.

© 2008 Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

No comments: